Nutrition & School Lunches
More of these healthier items:
- Fruit and Vegetables: These will include fresh, dried, frozen, canned and juiced varieties.
- Drinking Water: Free, fresh drinking water will be provided at all times.
- Other Drinks: The only drinks provided for lunch include plain water, skimmed milk, fruit juice and vegetable juice, plain soya, rice or oat drinks enriched with calcium, plain yoghurt drinks, or combinations of the above.
- Whole Foods: Whole carbohydrates that include whole wheat or whole grain breads, pastas and rice. No added sugar cereals.
- Muffins: Organic, homemade, whole wheat, unrefined sugar desserts
Restricted or no longer allowed:
- No confectionery: Confectionery such as chocolate bars, biscuits, sweets and cereal bars will not be provided.
- Salt: Salt is prohibited at tables.
- Condiments: Such as ketchup and mayonnaise, will only be available in sachets.
- Snacks: Snacks such as crisps will not be offered.
- No cakes: Cakes and biscuits (home made) will not be provided (except at lunchtime).
- Deep fried food: No deep fried foods, foods will always be baked.
- Processed foods: No processed foods allowed